Makati City City Jobs Voyage Claim Advisor Position at Shell Business Operations – Manila
- Job vacancies posted on: 9 months ago
Shell Business Operations - Manila has open a job vacancy for the domicile of Makati City and surrounding areas as voyage claim advisor (nightshift) with full time work system which will then be placed in our company office.
The candidates we need are those who have the minimum criteria of Bachelor's/College Degree and experienced and have the integrity to work in the field of Services & Logistics/Supply Chain.
Our company highly values a professional and competitive work environment, therefore, candidates are required to uphold honesty and discipline in a work environtment.
As a professional company, we offer a competitive monthly base salary ₱16,000 - ₱38,000 which can be adjusted by the decision of our HRD company and adjusts to the capabilities of the candidate offers for our company.
|Company||Shell Business Operations – Manila|
|Position||Voyage Claim Advisor|
|Work Level||1-4 Years Experienced Employee|
|Work experience||2 years|
|Type of work||Full-Time|
|Specialization Required||Logistics/Supply Chain, Services|
|Minimum Salary||PHP 16.000|
|Maximum Salary||PHP 38.000|
Shell Trading & Supply has a global portfolio of crude oil, refined products, LNG, chemicals, natural gas, electrical power and CO2. Trading offices are located in the US, Canada, UK, Singapore, The Netherlands, Japan, Bahamas, Dubai and Russia, with many other downstream entities situated across the globe.
We are interested in attracting people who share our core working values of honesty, integrity and respect for others. We also want those who can build on our business vision, are prepared to accept accountability and can achieve great results through teamwork while adapting to a changing business environment.
The successful candidate will be part of a team of Demurrage and Post Deal Expense claim professionals in Manila. The team will provide Demurrage and Post deal claim analysis, defence, pursuit, advise and settlement on behalf of companies within the North American business, such as STUSCO, SOPUS and Shell Trading Canada.y
The Voyage Claims Advisor will typically be:
– Assigned to a less complex desk involving:
* Few Multi-Desk (combi) cargoes involving different traders
* Few deviations/ standard deviations on returning deal structure
* Less challenging business partners and customers
* Dem desks; Chemfeeds vessels and barge demurrage on all desks, PDE desks; Chemfeeds, LPG, Baseoil, Canada and Fuel Oil -> less complex operations, smaller quantities with less likely demurrage impact operational complexity, less contractual variation and challenges, less multi event voyages
– Manage a claims portfolio while setting daily prioritizations
– Proactively calculate and negotiate claims with the intent of minimizing claim exposure to Shell entities; send recovery claims prior to time bar date (last date for submission)
– Investigate the events of a voyage, deviations from the initial agreement and check what was contractually agreed
– Investigate the operations at load/ discharge port(s) and review contract and other agreements and check what was contractually agreed
– Prepare claims with third parties and stakeholders to ensure high income for Shell while reducing cost paid by Shell
– Ensure timely recovery of claims
– Ensure payment of agreed cost claims when needed
– Ensure close cooperation with the trading desk to understand their objectives, goals and preferred ways of working, their impact on your role; share with them exposure on deals and reasons for exposure
– Ensure all claim activities are correctly reflected in financial and trading systems including the P&L
– Support your line manager in understanding your portfolio position and support system clean-ups and reflection projects to guarantee data cleanliness
– Learn root cause analysis and use knowledge to suggest ways to reduce claim exposure through operational and contractual improvements
– Follow internal guideline on escalation to Team lead, Commercial Ops and Traders
– Ensure correct handling of sanctions, counterpart detail changes and data confidentiality related to claims
– Follow internal procedures for approval of payments and settlements
– Use a continuous improve mind-set to support process improvements
– Take ownership for safety, compliance and audit readiness
– Support internal projects and support trainings where needed
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (previous work experience will be taken into consideration for any candidates who might not meet the educational standard)
– Proven track record of successfully adapting to and working with exceptions that fall outside of a defined process
– Evidenced ability to suggest process improvements and ways of reducing exposure
– Evidenced commercial ability that is aligned with the goals and objectives of the business partner
– Evidenced ability to work independently with a moderate amount of guidance
– Evidence of good relationship building skills
– Willing to work on a Night shift (9:00 PM – 6:00 AM)
-Maritime / Legal / Sales / Claims background
-Knowledge of Endur, RADAR, ECAP, SalesForce, SAP, IO
-Claims handling experience
-Knowledge of Shipping and/or Trading and Supply
-Spanish or Portuguese language skills for working with Latin America counterparties
|Region||National Capital Region|
|Address||Shell Business Operations, 130 Dela Rosa Street, Legazpi Village, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines|
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits
- Career Growth
- Work-Life Balance
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
The Future. Yours to make.
At Shell, we believe everyone has a part to play in the global transition to cleaner energy. We’re looking for fresh perspectives and passionate professionals who are eager to contribute and help us achieve our goals of providing more and cleaner energy solutions.
In the Philippines, our entities are Pilipinas Shell Petroleum Corporation (PSPC), Shell Pilipinas Exploration (SPEx), and Shell Business Operations (SBO) – these make up the Shell Companies in the Philippines (SCiP).
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Manila is focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Finance, Human Resource, Customer Service, Order-to-Delivery, Technical Asset Operations, and Contracting and Procurement. We enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment.
We’re looking for qualified individuals with the drive to create significant business impact, as well as to collaborate with a team of professionals with diverse backgrounds. If you are a great team player, possess superior communication skills and problem-solving abilities, join us and see the impact that you can make across our global business.
- Industry: Call Center/IT-Enabled Services/BPO
- Company Size: 2001 - 5000 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 15 days
- Benefits & Others: Dental, Miscellaneous allowance, Medical, Loans, Sports (e.g. Gym), Parking, Vision, Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Door-to-Door Shuttle for Midshift Employees, Business Casual