Taguig City City Jobs Java Application Support Engineer Position at EY Global Delivery Services (GDS
- Job vacancies posted on: 9 months ago
Do you currently live in the Taguig City and its surrounding areas and are looking for job vacancies? We are pleased to inform you that our company office, EY Global Delivery Services (GDS is currently seeking candidates to then join and fill the position as JAVA APPLICATION SUPPORT ENGINEER and able to work under full time working hours system.
We are a competent professional company, therefore we have specific criteria for the interested candidates. We give priority to candidates who are experienced in the field of Computer/Information Technology & IT-Software with a minimum Bachelor's Degree. In addition, we also prioritize candidates who are professional at work, uphold honesty, discipline in responsibility, and are capable to complete their task as well as possible.
We are offering a salary of ₱16,000 - ₱38,000 for this position for interested candidates. However, this salary range can be negotiated and changed if the candidate's credibility exceeds our expectations and for sure, the agreement is adjusted to the policies of our company's HRD. Your capability will be highly appreciated by our company.
|Company||EY Global Delivery Services (GDS|
|Position||Java Application Support Engineer|
|Work Level||Supervisor/5 Years & Up Experienced Employee|
|Work experience||3 years|
|Type of work||Full-Time|
|Specialization Required||Computer/Information Technology, IT-Software|
|Minimum Salary||PHP 16.000|
|Maximum Salary||PHP 38.000|
Enterprise Technology provides reliable, secure, and resilient technology services and solutions to support over 300,000 EY people. As part of Enterprise Technology, you’ll be at the forefront of enabling innovative technologies including emerging collaboration tools and world-class technology infrastructure.
Our aim is to build an outstanding customer experience with clear investment in innovation, alongside operational excellence that delivers efficient, quality services and solutions. You will work with technologists and business specialists to meet the increasing pace of our business. That means more growth for you, exciting learning opportunities, career choices, and the chance to make a real impact.
We are building a team of L2 and L3 Application Support Center in Manila. The candidate will be required to perform production support activities on Java and/or Cobol-based applications. Scope of production activities include but are not limited to: Incident Management, Problem Management, Service Request Management, and Service Management.
Your key responsibilities
• Act as the first point of contact
• Monitor jobs, production processes, systems availability, latency and overall system health
• Create Incidents / Service Requests and assign to teams
• Product incident reports
• Perform initial analysis and resolution for the layers defined in scope
• Establish understanding of application, platform layers defined in scope
• Analyze, identify issues, conduct investigation of functional/technical bugs, service failures, operational problems and provide acceptable workaround or resolutions to identified issues/defects
• Escalate further to L3 within a reasonable period with analysis and findings
• Triage, resolve, and conduct RCA
• Identification, classification, prioritization, and remediation of system issues
• Produce reports on defect/problem reporting data
• Build tools or establish processes to quickly triage issues and discover failures across the technology stack
• Analyze service performance and implement adjustments to mitigate risk and/or prevent issue recurrence
• Create and update support knowledge database
• Lead the documentation process for overall application support
· Common Responsibilities and Expectations
· Work and closely collaborate with client teams (business and IT) as well as 3rd party vendors on a regular basis
• Provide responses to functional / technical queries
• Perform periodic application maintenance
• Participate and provide support on various application migration activities
· Propose and/or participate in any support team continuous improvement initiatives and implement these improvements, as needed
• Understand the use of service delivery metrics
· Monitor and report on regular production activities, which are subject to Service Level Agreement (SLA) or Operational Level Agreement (OLA) such as job activity, transaction processing, network activity, database activity
Skills and attributes for success
• Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment
• Excellent analysis and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimum supervision
• Understanding of software development lifecycle and best practices
• Excellent communication skills (written and spoken English)
• Experience in working for large Financial Services client
• Keen attention to detail
• Have exposure to working in shifts and/or on-call support
• Has successfully demonstrated domain of most skills and technologies on several relevant projects
• Exposure to various job and process monitoring tools
To qualify for the role, you must have
• Working knowledge of Java- based applications (Mainframe and Cloud applications good to have) with at least 3 years of relevant experience
• Oracle, MS SQL, PL/SQL, Windows and Linux/Unix scripting knowledge
• Monitoring Tools – Splunk, Dynatrace, Catchpoint, APM etc.
• System administration knowledge
• ITIL certification good to have
• Familiarity with ServiceNow Automation and ticketing
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Information or any relevant degree
• Experience and be comfortable working closely with global teams
What we look for
We look for people who demonstrate drive, vision and determination and are passionate about helping our clients achieve their goals. We look for high performers, who consistently deliver quality work while continually looking for ways to improve.
We want people who understand the challenges of working in a professional services environment and are focused on achieving and delivering the best for our clients. We want people who have a clear sense of personal and professional accountability and know how to build relationships by doing the right thing.
What working with EY offers:
As part of this role, you’ll work in a highly integrated, globally diverse team with the opportunity and tools to grow, develop and drive your career forward. Here, you can combine global opportunity with flexible working. The EY benefits package goes above and beyond too, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Your recruiter can talk to you about the benefits available in your country. Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
• Continuous learning: You will develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We will provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a significant impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We will give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You will be accepted for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
• We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer, and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction, and consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities, and creative freedom to make things better.
Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now!
|Region||National Capital Region|
|Address||EY GDS (CS) Philippines, Inc., Robinsons Cyber Sigma, Lawton Ave, McKinley West, Taguig, Philippines|
- Comprehensive leaves and benefits
- Global engagements
- Flexible working arrangement
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic global delivery network working across ten locations – Argentina, China, India, Poland, UK, Hungary, Sri Lanka, Mexico, Spain, and the Philippines – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. By combining skilled professionals, automation and advanced technology to build new solutions and services, EY GDS helps EY teams transform the client experience and deliver greater value, increasing efficiency and agility for clients while maintaining the same high quality and global standards that the EY organization is renowned for – from anywhere in the world. In the Philippines, EY GDS was set up in Manila in 2015. Starting out with just 25 employees, it has now grown to an organization with a strong 5,000+ headcount.
- Industry: Consulting (Business & Management)
- Company Size: More than 5000 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 3 days
- Benefits & Others: Dental, Miscellaneous allowance, Medical, Loans, Variable Bonus, Business Casual, Flexible
- Specific Location: Flexible working arrangement