National Capital Region City Jobs Head Of Technology – Gssc Position at QBE GROUP SHARED SERVICES LIMITED PHILIPPINE BRANCH
- Job vacancies posted on: 2 months ago
We are open recruitment and happily inform you that we are looking for candidates to fill the position of Head of Technology - GSSC in our company, QBE GROUP SHARED SERVICES LIMITED PHILIPPINE BRANCH. For candidates who reside in National Capital Reg and its neighboring regions, we are looking for you to be a part of us and work in our company office, and able to labor under a full time system.
We have specific requirements for each of our employees as well as potential workers, because we are a professional and knowledgeable business in the field we work in. We are interested in hearing from you as soon as possible if you have expertise in the fields Computer/Information Technology & IT-Network/Sys/DB Admin and possess a Not Specified or higher.
We offer you a fairly competitive salary that can be adjusted depending on the credibility you can contribute to our company. It typically ranges from Rp1.800.000 to Rp5.550.000 and likely to change at any time. This salary negotiation must be agreed based on our company's HRD agreement.
|Company||QBE GROUP SHARED SERVICES LIMITED PHILIPPINE BRANCH|
|Position||Head Of Technology - Gssc|
|Region||National Capital Region|
|Work Level||Not Specified|
|Type of work||Full-Time|
|Specialization Required||Computer/Information Technology, IT-Network/Sys/DB Admin|
|Minimum Salary||PHP 16.000|
|Maximum Salary||PHP 38.000|
Time Type: Full timeWorker Type: EmployeeAssume complete end to end accountability for the delivery of IT Services for the Business Divisions/Portfolios including build and supply, projects, development, support and work requests/BAU by partnering with program management and third-party providers ensuring quality assurance and managing budget and resource allocation. The role is the primary interface between IT and the business, ensuring alignment between business strategy and IT, and driving continuous operational efficiencies. Responsible for the facilitation of the project pipeline and program management accountability for all IT projects within the relevant Business Division remit.
• Maintain the strategic view of business objectives and needs and align end to end delivery of IT solutions with business needs through consistent engagement with key stakeholders
•Apply business solutions that consider both immediate and long-term organizational objectives
•Ensure each project and service within the portfolio delivers against its proposition aligned to the organizational strategy
•Provide subject matter expertise on business demand and assist the business in determining the value-add. Forecast demand within the portfolio back into IT Services.
•Strategic and business alignment input to the complete end to end delivery of customer solutions; overseeing the capturing of business requirements as required
•Manage the end-to-end program of IT projects for the business, leveraging project management & business analysis resources, along with central IT services
•Contribute to the development of the overall IT Strategy for the division as part of the leadership team in order to maximize productivity and performance
•Develop and implement departmental vision and translate into achievable targets and goals to effectively lead the team in the strategy delivery
•Ensure that the department remains appropriately structured, resourced, trained and equipped to support the business and fulfil their functions
•Develop, maintain, document and implement relevant policies and procedures for the conduct of IT activities and engagements
•Assist in the design & simplification of business products with a view to minimising technology debt, leveraging technology solutions & software packages
•Ensure SLA’s are aligned to business operational needs on an ongoing basis
•Operational Risks and Issues are effectively managed within the portfolio, and the estate is kept secure and current
•Manage the relationship with business and IT to ensure operational efficiency initiatives are identified and implemented
•Communicate updates and /or changes in the IT strategy to all business stakeholders
•Ensure regular and open communication across IT Centres of Excellence to ensure early visibility and potential pipeline projects and emerging business needs
•Work with the business to identify portfolio projects and identify & facilitate project resources as required to ensure delivery
•Oversee the development of business cases, scoping papers and project initiation documents (Pre-Concept/Concept) for projects within the portfolio
•Brief and report on the environment, project portfolio and services related to status, scope, budget, timeframes and resources as appropriate
•Oversee design, build and test activity and ensure use of suitable tools and processes
•Apply the necessary controls and safeguards to protect business services from disruption through inappropriate, poor quality or uncontrolled change from any source
•Lead, motivate and manage a team to ensure the overall output and quality of the service provided by the team is within specified levels
•Establish clear accountabilities and authority levels for direct reports and build strong culture of accountability and performance to ensure delivery of business
•Drive and foster a culture of continuous improvement, motivation, collaboration, empowerment and entrepreneurialism within the department
•In collaboration with external partners and internal subject matter experts, develop a methodology for planning and executing initiative deliverables to align with QBE’s overall governance structure
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• 10+ years relevant experience
• Project delivery methods including Waterfall, practical Agile and Devops
•Exposure to digital solutions
•Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact constructively with a wide range of interested parties
•Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
•Ability to negotiate effectively
•Finance management – including budget management, forecasting and cost analysis
•Resource management – planning and scheduling (including cross functional teams)
•Strong strategic planning capabilities (approaches and processes, tools, deliverables)
•Programme management – ability to manage multiple, complex projects whilst meeting deadlines
•Ability to understand industry trends, competitor or future competitor’s strategies and product roadmaps
•Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business need
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels in IT and business
•Experience of managing cross functional teams and matrix management
•Experience of negotiating and influencing executive level sponsors
•Proven experience of interpreting business strategy and translating this into IT strategy
•Significant project management/ co-ordination, including managing multiple projects and complex projects to quality, time and budget
•Strong track record of technology delivery
•Experience of managing external vendors
•Significant experience in the insurance industry
• Advanced working knowledge of best practices and market trends in application development, including innovative systems and technology
•Advanced working knowledge of insurance terminology, property and casualty billing systems and policy administrations systems
•Advanced working knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources
•Good knowledge of QBE business, structures and processes
•Well-rounded knowledge of change management and control methods and processes
•Good knowledge of ITIL Service Delivery processes (preferably with formal certification)
•Good understanding of the architecture discipline, processes, concepts and best practices
•Sound knowledge of problem analysis, structure analysis, and design techniques
•In depth technical understanding of relevant technologies
•Business and financial awareness of the impact of Service Levels and any associated failures
•Advanced working knowledge of software development lifecycle and relevant milestones; project management methodology
•Ability to capture and communicate business demand / requirements to IT teams
•Technical acumen – ability to understand how the technical infrastructure supports the business
QBE Cultural DNA
• Everything we do at QBE is underpinned by our DNA (which interlinks seven cultural elements) – because we know it’s not just what we do that matters, it’s how we do it that makes the difference. We expect all employees to role model and inspire the right behaviours that link to our cultural elements:-We are customer-focused-We are technical experts-We are inclusive-We are fast-paced-We are courageous-We are accountable-We are a teamAll employees are expected to adhere to QBE’s Code of Ethics and Conduct and apply sound risk management practices
US Only – Travel Frequency
• Occasional (approximately 5-10 trips annually)
US Only – Physical Demands
• General office jobs: Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is not substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time. Must be able to operate basic office equipment including telephone, headset and computer. Incumbent must be able to lift basic office equipment up to 20 lbs.
US Only – Disclaimer
• To successfully perform this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
Australia/New Zealand Only – Advice/Non-Advice >
• Non-Advice: This role is not authorised to provide financial product advice to retail customers in respect of General Insurance products. Financial product advice, means a statement or recommendation made to a retail customer with the intention of influencing their decision in considering a general insurance product.
• The duties listed in this job description do not limit the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the duties normally to be performed in the position or those occasionally assigned outside an employee’s normal duties. Our Group Code of Ethics and Conduct addresses the responsibilities we all have at QBE to our company, to each other and to our customers, suppliers, communities and governments. It provides clear guidance to help us to make good judgement calls.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click “Apply” and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.
|Region||National Capital Region|
|Address||H23W+7J4 QBE Insurance, 30th St, Taguig, Metro Manila, Filipina|
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
QBE Insurance Group is one of the world's top 20 general insurance and reinsurance companies, with operations in all the key insurance markets. QBE is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and is headquartered in Sydney. We employ more than 17,000 people in 38 countries.
Our underlying business strategy is to maintain operations in the key global insurance markets and, where possible, to be a lead underwriter for selected lines of business.
In the Philippines, QBE Group Shared Services Centre (GSSC) was incorporated in February 2013 as an integral part of the QBE strategy. Currently, it has locations in Manila and Cebu with over 3,200 employees. The GSSC provides a comprehensive range of Insurance Services to QBE’s customers and brokers across geographies (Australia, New Zealand, Europe, North America and Asia Pacific) such as underwriting support, policy servicing, claims, credit control and customer service. It also provides various knowledge processing services such as Finance, Technology, HR Delivery, Data Analytics and Reporting to QBE Businesses globally.
QBE GSSC in the Community
The GSSC Foundation was established in 2014, extending QBE’s long history of corporate social responsibility to the Philippines. It mirrors QBE’s insurance role in the community to assist people in need.
- Industry: Call Center/IT-Enabled Services/BPO
- Company Size: 2001 - 5000 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 9 days
- Benefits & Others: Dental, Miscellaneous allowance, Medical, Business (e.g. Shirts), Regular working hours with varied work schedules