Pasay City City Jobs Country Operations Team Leader – Shipping Line Position at Maersk Line
- Job vacancies posted on: 9 months ago
Our company is currently seeking employees to fill the position as Country Operations Team Leader - Shipping Line. For those of you who live in Pasay City and its surrounding areas, we need you to then join and becoming a part of our company to work in our office, Maersk Line, and able to work under full time system.
As a company that is professional and competent in the field we are engaged in, we have specific criteria for each of our employees as well as the prospective employees. If you are experienced in the field of Services & Logistics/Supply Chain with a minimum degree of Bachelor's/College Degree, professional, honest and disciplined in work, we look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.
The average starting salary we can offer you is in the range of ₱16,000 - ₱38,000. If you have credibility beyond the minimum criteria we are looking for, the provisions regarding the average initial salary we offer may change according to our company HRD agreement.
|Position||Country Operations Team Leader - Shipping Line|
|Work Level||Assistant Manager/Manager|
|Work experience||5 years|
|Type of work||Full-Time|
|Specialization Required||Logistics/Supply Chain, Services|
|Minimum Salary||PHP 16.000|
|Maximum Salary||PHP 38.000|
Port and Vessel Operations
- High-level coordination with Sealand HQ and Maersk Ocean Customer Logistics to ensure adequate resource allocation for proforma and adhoc vessels in Philippine ports;
- Uses frontline and terminal, fleet, and vessel command knowledge and expertise to enhance processes and network efficiency;
- Directing the function to ensure on-time vessel berthing in the Philippines; including providing alternatives and solutions to vessel schedule issues within the country;
- Ownership and continuous review of the role of agents in vessel husbandry roles, process and standard requirement for both internal and external compliance – reviewing and revising service providers and job descriptions/SLAs as necessary;
- Operational risks are timely assessed and addressed – and strategically plan to handle exceptional operational issues, and developing BCP (Business Continuity Plan) for incidents impacting execution including, but not limited to, congestion, weather impact, labor issues, etc;
- Lead the drive for identifying viable port and terminal developments within the Philippines for commercial expansion and growth;
- Create synergies with port and terminal service providers and/or government authorities to ensure best practices are developed and global operational targets are achieved.
Cargo Execution & Management
- Has accountability for the Cargo Execution operations activities within the Philippines. Responsible for all vessel calls, Mother Vessels (MVS)/feeders (foreign and owned) including system updates and overall performance in the country.
- Drives efficiency, productivity and innovation in tasks and scope by working closely with internal functions (Customer Service, Cargo management, Hub Operations Center) and external partners (agents, terminals, port handlers) and develop operational procedures and policies;
- To manage and review the cargo processes related to Maersk Group cargo loading on third-party Common Carrier Agreement (CCA) vessels, and vice versa – when Main Line Operators (MLOs) load on Sealand-operated ships ensuring we have the right process and communication in place to avoid misses in execution;
- Drives the development of cargo acceptance of Dangerous Goods (DG), Out-of-Gauge (OOG), and Reefer (RF) cargo, ensuring compliance to port, terminal, vessel and local government requirements and/or restrictions in the Philippines.
- Driving sensible automation and digitization of operational processes in the Philippines to improve efficiency visibility of cargo movement.
- Understanding that Operations “spends money” to execute operations – but does so sensibly through effective use of company resources. Driving cost reductions within the function, and influences cross-functional collaboration for savings;
- Ensures regular and timely input and review on port, CY, and miscellaneous costs in areas under the Philippines – and providing feedback and regular insights to Procurement teams for service providers/agreements within the country;
- Ensures that operational team activities are as per contract or available tariff; any non-regular costs should be reviewed and minimized;
- Runs projects to drive cost efficiency; and makes sure all payments are done as per requirements by the Finance and Compliance teams.
Functional Stakeholder Management
- To champion cross-functional collaboration, and understand how interdependencies impact Operational deliverables and vice versa, ensure Operations processes add value and efficiency to other teams – promoting a One Maersk mindset;
- To maintain and develop good relationship with external service providers; understand their operational procedures and how it affects ours; including but not limited to terminals, ports, cargo handlers, government authorities et al. – and be able to provide recommendations and escalate as needed to regulatory bodies;
- To familiarize one’s self and the Operations team with local rules and regulations which may directly or indirectly affect meeting any of the team’s performance indicators;
- To keep Management abreast on market and competitor analysis or changes to operational and organizational set-up that may impact the Group’s market status positively or negatively;
- To give regular feedback on challenges met, and on any pending issues that may impact the team’s current performance, or in the future;
- Coach and develop direct reports; keeping motivation and competency levels of each member up, identifying and implementing appropriate training for the team to ensure team growth and development
- Drive performance and talent management within the team and function; assessing, supporting, and encouraging the right talent for resource and succession planning.
- To initiate regular, and thorough review of all team’s tasks and processes to identify efficiencies, initiate improvement, and implement – escalating to higher stakeholders locally and regionally as necessary;
- To promote a “Kaizen” (change for the better) mindset within the team, and encourage an atmosphere where looking for efficiencies (work-wise, and cost-wise) is priority;
- To express own thoughts and ideas for personal training and development to improve personal and team’s performance, and perform better in current and future functions in the company;
- To always comply with the local country agency policies and guidelines, be it operational or administrative;
- To reinforce Maersk Group Culture, Company Values and reputation, and to ensure compliance with APMM Group policies;
- To attend to other tasks and responsibilities as may be assigned, and/or directed.
FOR IMMEDIATE PROCESSING APPLY HERE: https://maersk.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/Maersk_Careers/job/PH—Manila/Country-Operations-Team-Leader_R54433-2
|Region||National Capital Region|
|Address||Maersk, 9/F, One E-Com Center Building, Harbor Drive & Sunset Avenue, Pasay City, Philippines|
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
Be part of the world's largest company specializing in the shipping and logistics industry.
At Maersk, we have always explored new frontiers and embraced new technologies because we see change as an opportunity. The challenges we face today are of greater complexity than ever, but the opportunities they present are greater still. No matter the challenge, we stay optimistic and resilient because our values are constant. And by living our values, we inspire trust in our efforts to integrate the world.
The right environment for our people. Connected by real purpose, we create opportunities to grow, develop and exceed expectations. We win together as a diverse and global workplace where people feel safe, valued and empowered.
It is our commitment to connect and simplify global logistics so it works better for businesses, society and our planet.
- Industry: Transportation / Logistics
- Company Size: 2001 - 5000 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 14 days
- Specific Location: Pasay City