National Capital Region City Jobs Civil-structural Design Officer Position at Maynilad Water Services, Inc.
- Job vacancies posted on: 8 months ago
We are hiring! Our company is merrily looking for a candidate to fill the position of Civil-Structural Design Officer. For those of you who live in National Capital Reg and its surrounding areas, we need you to then join our company office, Maynilad Water Services, Inc., and able to under a full time working hours.
As a professional business with expertise in the field we serve, we have specific standards for each candidates interested to join our company. If you have experience in the field of Building/Construction & Architect/Interior Design with at least Bachelor's/College Degree & Professional License (Passed Board/Bar/Professional License Exam), professional, honest, and disciplined, we will enthusiastically hearing from you to join our company.
We offer you the salary rates ranging from Rp1.800.000 to Rp5.550.000. The provision pertaining to the average starting initial salary we offer may change if you meet or even beyond the minimum requirement we are looking for in accordance with our company HRD agreement.
|Company||Maynilad Water Services, Inc.|
|Position||Civil-structural Design Officer|
|Region||National Capital Region|
|Work Level||1-4 Years Experienced Employee|
|Work experience||3 years|
|Qualification||Bachelor's/College Degree, Professional License (Passed Board/Bar/Professional License Exam)|
|Type of work||Full-Time|
|Specialization Required||Architect/Interior Design, Building/Construction|
|Minimum Salary||PHP 25.000|
|Maximum Salary||PHP 30.000|
PM Officer, Civil-Structural Design
1. Participate in Front End Engineering Design (FEED) for the establishment of the End User’s requirements in the proposed CAPEX projects from Planning Stage.
2. Review and check project requirements from CAPEX Project Plan (CPP) for completeness of data in order to proceed with the project delivery.
3. Takes the lead in preparation and review of detailed engineering design and tender documents, Employer’s Requirement and Terms of Reference for CAPEX in-house and EPC consultancy designed projects in accordance with specified quality, cost and time frame and acceptability as prescribed by the company.
4. Performs structural peer-review of consultant-designed projects.
5. Supervise and review the Design Drawings of “Design and Build” projects by Consultants or Contractors including other tender documents such as Schedule of Prices and Measurement and Payment, prior to implementation on site within the prescribed time frame.
6. Ensures the accuracy and on time delivery of quantity take-off required for the schedule of prices and measurement and payment;
7. Ensures accurate review of working drawings and construction drawings, and ensure adherence to project engineering design specifications and standards in its evaluation / recommendation of the accepted proposed/revised projects according to quality, cost and time frame.
8. Ensures accurate evaluation of technical brochures, materials and construction methodologies, including updating of standard drawings in accordance with Maynilad Standard Design and Specification.
9. Updates the standards of Maynilad based on local and international structural codes and standards.
10. Supervise and review the Seismic Risk Management Program of Maynilad for all existing structures.
11. Conducts structural investigation on site as required, and prepares investigation report with findings, comments, evaluation and recommendation.
12. Ensures maintenance of various records, reports and other documentation concerning activities under charge, i.e., construction estimates, survey notes, design drawings, transmittal letters.
13. Provides accurate review of Civil-Structural drawings of detailed engineering design
14. Reviews technical response to Contractor and other Stakeholder’s request for information (RFI)
15. Coordination with internal and external customers with regards to overall issues related to CivilStructural Design including resolution of major concerns.
16. Conducts site visit, field investigation and construction review once a week; ensures adherence to the approved designs and project specifications.
17. Gathers data for presentations with regards to finished projects and obtain lessons learned and items for improvement.
18. Provides structural engineering support to other divisions of Maynilad.
19. Does other related engineering and management tasks as may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
PRC Registered Civil Engineer
Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in detailed civil or structural design MS in Civil Engineering major in Structures is an advantage
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
Adept to local structural codes such as National Structural Code of the Philippines both for buildings and bridges.
Knowledgeable to International Codes and standards such as American Water Works Association documents (e.g. AWWA M11), American Concrete Institute Documents (ACI 318, ACI 350), American Institute of Steel Construction documents (AISC 360, AISC Manual), Universal Building Code (UBC 97), American Society of Civil Engineers documents (ASCE 7, ASCE 31, ASCE41) Perform linear analysis of structures using STAAD, ETABS, SAP2000 and MIDAS GEN Knowledgeable in FEMA 154, ATC 40, FEMA 356 and other seismic evaluation and rehabilitation guidelines.
Knowledge in other element design software such as SPColumn and SP beams or both is a plus
Computer literate (Microsoft Office) with the ability to learn new software applications.
Duties require verbal and written communication skills.
Knowledge and use of BIM (Building Information Modelling) Software is a plus.
Can lead people and demonstrate goal oriented behavior and result driven
Can communicate effectively and clearly
Hardworking, can work under pressure and flexible
With pleasant attitude and disposition.
Able to meet project deadlines
Hardworking, innovative, pro-active, assertive, team player and can work under pressure.
Must be willing to work on a flexible schedule.
WORKPLACE RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENT EQUIPMENT/SOFTWARE USED
AutoCAD, STAAD, StructurePoint SPColumn, Midas Gen, MS Office Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and other software available related to performance of task
WORKING CONDITIONS and OCCUPATIONAL HAZARDS
Requires field work.
Working environment may be subject to varying weather, social, ecological, traffic and safety condition.
|Region||National Capital Region|
|Address||M34G+H49 Maynilad Water Services, Inc., Katipunan Ave, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines|
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
Maynilad Water Services, Inc. (Maynilad) is the water and wastewater services provider for the 17 cities and municipalities that comprise the West Zone of the greater Metro Manila area. In 1997, the company was granted a 25-year exclusive concession by the Philippine Government, through the Metropolitan Waterworks and Sewerage System (MWSS), to operate, maintain and invest in the water and sewerage system in Caloocan, Las Piñas, Malabon, Manila, Muntinlupa, Navotas, Pasay, Parañaque, Valenzuela, parts of Quezon City, a part of Makati, Cavite City, and the municipalities of Rosario, Imus, Noveleta, Bacoor, and Kawit in Cavite. Maynilad went through a change of ownership on January 24, 2007, with the consortium of DMCI Holdings, Inc. (DMCI) and Metro Pacific Investments Corporation (MPIC) winning 84% of the water company’s shares in a public bidding.
The corporate history of Maynilad began with the successful privatization of the Metropolitan Waterworks and Sewerage System (MWSS) in 1997. Before then, MWSS was the government corporation in charge of providing water supply and sewerage disposal services in the greater Metro Manila area. In a highly anticipated bidding that drew the attention of the global water community, the partnership of Benpres Holdings Corporation (Benpres) and Ondeo Water Services, Inc. (formerly Suez Lyonnaise de Eaux) was awarded the exclusive right to run the water and wastewater operations in the West Zone of Metro Manila. Towards its 10th year, after a string of financial, legal, and regulatory disputes, Maynilad went through a change of ownership, with the consortium of Metro Pacific Investments Corporation (MPIC) and DMCI Holdings, Inc. (DMCI) acquiring 83.96% of the water company’s shares. Lyonnaise Asia Water Limited (LAWL) held a 16% share. The MPIC-DMCI consortium took over on January 24, 2007, and immediately worked on the financial and operational rehabilitation of Maynilad. In August of the same year, the consortium signed a prepayment and settlement agreement with Maynilad’s creditors and MWSS. By January 2008, the new owners of Maynilad had already paid off the company’s outstanding debts, which had then reached $240 million. An aggressive catch-up plan was also implemented to increase company revenue, improve water service operations, and drastically cut commercial losses. To herald the sweeping transformation that was about to take place, Maynilad launched its new company logo in November 2008. The new logo reflected the new direction and renewed mission of the company’s management team. Positive change has finally come to Maynilad. And soon, the results will be felt in all of West Zone. Truly, sa bagong Maynilad, dumadaloy ang ginhawa.
Product & Services
SEWERAGE & SANITATION Aside from delivering potable water, Maynilad also provides sewerage and sanitation services to the West Zone. It operates and maintains pumping plants and wastewater treatment facilities 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure the efficient collection, treatment and disposal of wastewater.At present, only residents and establishments in Tondo, Sampaloc, South Manila, Malabon, Navotas, Caloocan, Projects 7 and 8 in Quezon City and Magallanes Village in Makati City may connect to Maynild’s sewerage system.
Customers in these areas are encouraged to avail of Maynilad’s sewerage services for a cleaner and safer environment.
Customers in areas not covered by Maynilad’s sewerage network dispose of their wastewater through their own septic tanks or sewage treatment facilities (for big commercial and industrial customers).
Those who are located outside the sewered areas and maintain their own septic tanks, may avail of Maynilad’s desludging services.
- Industry: Utilities / Power
- Company Size: 1001 - 2000 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 26 days
- Benefits & Others: Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Business (e.g. Shirts), to be discussed
- Specific Location: Balara