Cinnamon Roll Cake
Hello & welcome! In today’s recipe, I’ll be sharing with you how I make "Cinnamon Roll Cake ”. Please take a look down below for the list of ingredients. Cloud and I are wishing you all a happy and safe holiday season.
For the dough:
- 3¼ cups (400g) All-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (50g) Sugar
- 3 teaspoons (g) Instant dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup (180ml) Milk, warm
- 1/4 cup (60g) Butter, melted
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
For the filling:
- 1/2 cup (115g) Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (100g) Brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cinnamon
For the glaze:
- 1 cup (120g) Powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons Milk/heavy cream
- Make the dough: in a large bowl or in a bowl of a stand mixer, whisk flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Add milk, melted butter, eggs, vanilla extract and knead the dough for 7-8 minutes, until soft, smooth and elastic. Add more flour If needed.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile make the filling: In a medium bowl combine butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out into a large rectangle, about ½ inch (1.5 cm) thick. Then, evenly spread the cinnamon mixture on top.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, make 3 horizontal cuts to divide the dough into 4 long, evenly-sized strips. Starting from the top, roll the first strip up from right to left. Take the first roll and place it on top of the next strip, starting again on the right side and rolling up right to left, building on the first. Continue with the remaining strips until you have a giant cinnamon roll. Transfer the cake into a lightly greased 9-inch (23cm) round baking pan. See the full demonstration in the video above.
- Loosely cover the cake with plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cover with foil to prevent over browning if needed.
- Meanwhile make the glaze: in a medium bowl, whisk sugar, vanilla extract and milk. If you want a thicker icing, whisk in more powdered sugar. If you want a thinner icing, whisk in more milk or cream.
- Drizzle the glaze over the warm cake.
If you are a true cinnamon roll lover, you are going to love this giant cinnamon roll cake! This cinnamon roll cake is soft, gooey, rich and topped with delicious glaze.
Giant Cinnamon Roll