Chinese Steamed Eggs - How To Make It Smooth & Silky
Hello & welcome! In today’s recipe, I’ll be sharing with you how I make "Chinese Steamed Eggs - How To Make It Smooth & Silky”. Please take a look down below for the list of ingredients. Cloud and I are wishing you all a happy and safe holiday season.
- 3 eggs (in room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
How To Make It Silky & Smooth
- The tricky part is the timing - how long do you steam. It’s hard to tell you the exact timing as each kitchen is different. My kitchen takes around 9 minutes in medium heat if I use a 7.5 inches stainless plate. 13 minutes in medium heat if I use a 8 inches china plate. Use it as a reference and your kitchen may vary a few minutes more of less. Do some testings and you will be fine.
- also the temperature. consider this dish is a delicate dish. You want to transfer the heat in and out slowly instead of sudden change of temperature. that is why we use room temperature eggs and warm water and also let the steamed eggs sit for 5 mins at the end.
HOW TO MAKE
- Pick good quality eggs
- Beat the eggs well so that the egg white and egg yorks combine well together
- Using the ratio of egg vs water 1: 2, add boiled warm (not hot, not cold) water slowly into the egg and keep stirring the mixture at the same time so that the eggs and water combine well . use warm boiled water (avoid cold water) and room temperature egg (instead of right out from the fridge). As a gentle increase in temperature from warm mixture will produce finer texture.
- Pour the mixture into the container through a sieve slowly to remove any bubbles and residues so that the steamed eggs will be smooth
- There would be still some bubbles on top, remove the bubbles using a spoon or a gas gun. Then the outlook of the steamed eggs would be smooth and nice
- Steam the whole content in medium heat for 9 minutes (do some testing and adjust the steaming time according to your kitchen setting).
- Then switch off the fire and let the content sit aside for 5 minutes. - This let the reminding heat to finish the cooking process and also cool down the mixture slowly. Do not open the lid during the whole process otherwise the temperature would drop significantly and affect the result negatively.
- Check if you like the texture of the steamed eggs. If you would like firmer texture, steam another 1-2 minutes and check again. If you would like more tender, try shorter time next time you make this dish.
- Add the sauce and garnish with chopped spring onion
- This is ready to serve